28 April 2013

how?

How did I miss the fact that cute cowgirl boots were the missing piece to Little Girl's wardrobe?  Now everything she wears makes her look like some cuter, rounder Taylor Swift.

So I tried the "get everything ready the night before" trick to make Sunday morning go more smoothly. How did that not work?!  It was zany how awful things were, how each carefully laid plan fell apart.  Why?  I'll give you a clue: "I can't wear this- it's UNCONSTIBLE!!!" In the end, leggings saved the day.  Both on the front end, when they got the outfit to pass inspection on both our parts, and on the back end, when she leaked into her underwear trying to manage in the bathroom at church, and we had to stash said underwear in Daddy's office.  Yay for the leggings that covered up business so we could stay for the fundraiser burrito breakfast!

How do I get my camera to focus in the right spot?  I'm enjoying taking many pictures again, but still struggling for consistency.

One of the big mysteries of my chosen profession is, how is it that I can be exhausted at the end of the day, feel like I did many household chores, and still the house is an embarrassing pit of dishes, laundry, toys, and random junk? Hmmm, must get more organized and methodical in getting the other members of the household to do a few light but meaningful chores at the end of the day.

Tonight Craig and the kids played the funniest and most random game.  The kids hid in the porta-potty across the street, while Craig threw t-balls at it.  When a ball would whack the door, they would scream with laughter.  They did this over and over and over... When it was time to go back home, and they were crossing the street, G turned and grabbed his sister's hand and walked her safely across, on his own.  He can be so sweet.  And when he helped in the nursery with this morning (because his Sunday School was off for the week) he was mostly helpful, although so wild and energetic that it took me some firm and slightly awkward redirecting to make all the adults in the room feel more comfortable.

The last day or two, I have really been in love with my kids.  Like, stare at pictures of them and feel very bittersweet and sentimental.  We really do have so much fun, and the times I get overwhelmed are usually due to my own agendas and schedule.  I. am. learning.  How about that? Thank you Lord for the blog-processing reminder.

PS- C loves pizza, but not bananas.  As in, won't eat them whole, cut, or smashed.  Or in a box or with a fox.  Or in the rain or on a train.
Go figure!
I will look at these squirrels but not eat bananas.

No comments:

Post a Comment