1. The Christmas story as told by precious children from New Zealand in funky costumes.
2. From Slugs & Blugs (which makes the best music for kids) a song about a shepherd dad and his son on Christmas.
3. A look at modern shepherds in Bethlehem and what they understand of the story of Christmas.
4. Mariah Carey, the Roots, classroom instruments, and children. And Christmas. Yes, please.
5. Last but not least: Rend Collective's "You Are My Joy" Christmas video.
One more? Okay, here it is. Kid Snippets takes kid's voices telling stories, and their adults lip sync to it. This particular one is the kids telling an old family story of a Christmas from when their parents were young. I love the rambling way kids tell stories. And the lip sync skills are prodigious.
So what makes the cut for Christmas screen time, for your family? We love the classics: the Grinch (animated, duh), Charlie Brown and his friends crooning at the sky, and this year we will introduce the kids to "YOU'LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT!" You? Any recommendations?