03 May 2013

sigh

If my children keep spilling things at this rate, and in this far-flung of locations in our home, I will have scrubbed all the floors in our house by the end of the day. One. spill. at. a time.

Sigh.

And, happy May 3.  It is snowing like crazy outside my windows at this moment.  School was not cancelled.  Rain/sleet yesterday.  Pouring rain tomorrow.  Tulip Time, it seems, is ruined.

Sigh.

I stayed up until midnight trying to do my business cards before my coupon expired.  I still did not get the deal I was hoping for, nor cards that I love, after ignoring my children big portions of the day to work on them.

Sigh.

I feel like we need Mary Poppins to show up. Which means I probably need to listen to the Holy Spirit, and start amping up my gratitude.

We have power, while several towns around have lost it due to the storm,  My children help clean up their messes.  My boy got out the door to school on time, wearing his costume for Pirate Day.  The (very full) garbage made it to the curb on time, and I don't have to go to the store today in the snow.  In fact, in short order all this snow will melt and I'll be back to wearing my (new) flip flops.  In the meantime, the big flakes of snow make my yard look like Narnia. And my (wonderful) husband was my true partner in all of this morning's adventure- even washing old dirty rain boots in the tub to transform them into pirate gear.

Smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment